Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, for example, when you create a profile, sign up for a newsletter, or make a donation. This includes, for example:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number (such as for donations)
- Any information you choose to include in communications with us
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, announcements, or notifications.
- To send administrative information to you such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, as well as to complete your donation, including to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your donation, and provide you with related customer service.
- To tailor your interactions through our Services.
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you, which may be personalized and tailored.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as analytics, data analysis; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; enhancing, improving, or modifying our products and services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To confirm your age and identity.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, text messaging, auditing, and other services.
- By you, when you post a review or when you post on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, or other services to which you are able to print or post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on such services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To subsidiary and affiliated entities that we control, that control us, or that are under common control with us.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Any additional disclosures for which you provide consent.
Advertising And Analytics
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information about your interactions with us or our Services (“Other Information”), including:
- Browser and device information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the app) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as identifying your general location, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
How We May Use And Disclose Other Information
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Information Collected From Third Parties
Purpose Of Donations
The purpose of the donations submitted through our Services is to build a new elementary school campus or to otherwise support the Uvalde educational initiatives. By donating through our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with this donation purpose. In the event we are unable to use your donation for this purpose, we will communicate about an alternative, related purpose for which the donation would be used.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your Choices Regarding Our Use of Your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for certain communication purposes. You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a donation or to take advantage of certain features within the Services.
How You Request Modification Or Removal Of Your Personal Information
If you would like to modify or request removal of the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may contact us directly at [email protected] and/or number listed below. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have modified or removed, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address or mobile number that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion, or if required by law. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Services.
PO Box 106
Uvalde, TX 78801
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.